The LuxeMutt Way
If you’re a dog lover like we are, then giving your four-legged fur baby the best comes naturally to you. Our rescue pups inspire everything we create, and we’re dedicated to providing high-quality, luxury accessories for all dog families.
We design and handcraft each of our leather dog collars, leashes, harnesses, and bowtie collars right here in the USA. We don’t take shortcuts when it comes to the integrity of our luxury line of dog collars. Each collar is made of exceptionally soft, high-grade leather made of premium cowhide. Our collars boast accents of beautiful nickel hardware, with some styles adorned with stunning SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS crystals.
Durability and longevity are important to us. We believe in providing stylish collars, leashes, and harnesses that are made to last. From rough and tumble play to long walks in the neighborhoods, LuxeMutt dog accessories are built to last, with you and your buddy in mind.
Why Quality Leather Matters for Your Dog’s Collar
Leather is a durable, natural element, meant to withstand tough love and last a lifetime.
When cared for, it’s beauty and longevity will surpass any other collar you’ve loved in the past. Leather’s natural elements make it earth-friendly and a preferred choice for many dog owners.
Many dog lovers find leather collars to be superior to their alternatives. While we happen to agree, it's hard to argue with the many benefits a leather collar, harness, or leash can provide you and your best friend. Some of these advantages include:
- No frays or breaks to worry about
- Leather collars typically provide a belt buckle styled closure with preset holes versus a plastic snap closure that may break easily
- The strength of a leather collar offers ease of mind if your dog is an avid tugger or bolter on a leash
Leather also offers its share of health benefits too. Does your pup suffer from skin irritations such as allergies or sensitive skin? Quality leather collars and harnesses are known for offering a soothing alternative to those made from nylon or other materials. Perfect for a dog's skin sensitivities, leather collars are an excellent way to keep your fella's skin irritations at bay.
The Collar Comparison
A leather collar is an investment worth making for your fur baby. Not to mention, nothing is quite as jaw-dropping as your pup strutting down the sidewalk in one of our colorful leather selections.
So how does leather stand up to other popular picks?
May irritate your dog’s skin
Can break the hair shafts of your dog’s coat
Over time, lose their shape and appearance through fading or fraying
More of a temporary, decorative option
Typically break more quickly than other collar materials
Often require replacement more often than other collar materials
May be harmful to your dog if used improperly
Poor quality chains tend to rust easily
Spike and Prong
Dangerous for your dog, other animals, and in certain situations, humans
Your dog's neck could build up a tolerance to the pinching he may experience with this type of collar, increasing the risk of injuries.
As a restrictive collar, some dog lovers have concerns about them, causing aggression or fear in the dog.
More Reasons to Dress Your Dog in LuxeMutt Leather Collars and Accessories?
- Our quality craftsmanship is unlike any other.
- We offer an array of fashionable looks for your male and female dogs, with a variety of gorgeous colors to choose from.
- You’ll love pairing matching leashes, collars, and harnesses with the freedom to be bold with mix-and-match options.
- Choose to style your dog casually, of spice her up a bit for a special event or doggy day out.
- Leather provides comfortable wear and even softens over time from your dog’s natural oils secretions.
Simple Care for Your Fabulous Leather Investment
With proper care, your fashion-forward additions to your dog’s wardrobe will last you for years to come. Simple care and maintenance include:
- Use a soft, damp cloth with mild, bleach-free dish detergent. Gently wipe away dirt, mud, or various materials
- Remove all soap and residue using a soft, clean, damp cloth
- Gently buff the leather back to a shine with a clean, soft, dry cloth
- For additional protection and long life of your leather, you may apply a conditioner
Here’s What Our Fellow Dog Lovers Are Saying
Need a few more reasons to love our LuxeMutt leather collars, harnesses, and leashes as much as we do? Take the word of our fellow dog lovers, many of whom have a variety of colors and styles!
“Love it. This collar is gorgeous! Excellent quality.”
“Best collars ever. Beautiful colors.”
“I love this collar! It is so cute on my dog! I have a mini dachshund, and it took her a moment to get used to the width, but now she loves it!"
“Love these collars! Buttery soft leather, gorgeous colors, and beautifully made.”
And when asked about the beautiful flower and crystal embellishments…
“…I love that the flower stays put and never ends up in a weird position on my dog’s neck. The crystals are put on very well. Not one has come off, and that is impressive because she’s so active. Very well made and looks amazing in a subtle way.” -
Choose the perfect leather collar that fits your dog’s personality today!